[MUSIC] Hear the Official Album Version of Birdy’s Powerful New Single, ‘Let It All Go’

Birdy  just dropped her brand-new single “Let It All Go” with  Rhodes ! The two British musicians teamed up on the duet, which w...

Birdy just dropped her brand-new single “Let It All Go” with Rhodes!


The two British musicians teamed up on the duet, which will drop on September 11th on Rhodes Music.



Birdy + Rhodes ‘Let It All Go’ (Single) Music Video
(Rhodes Music/Ministry of Sound)

Rhodes is a singer/songwriter from Baldock in Hertfordshire and he released his debut EP Raise Your Love on Hometown Records in October 2013. He has toured extensively and supported London Grammar, Sam Smith, Nick Mulvey, Rufus Wainwright and Laura Marling as well as selling out three headline UK tours.
Birdy is a nineteen year old singer/songwriter from Lymington in Hampshire and her debut single, a version of Bon Iver’s ‘Skinny Love’ and charted  all across Europe and earning platinum certification six times in Australia. Her second album ‘Fire Within’ was released in September 2013 and includes ‘Wings’ which was used as the soundtrack for the Lloyds Bank ‘Horse Story’ 250 year anniversary advert. This resulted in the song reentering the UK charts and peaking at number 8.
Both Birdy and Rhodes have joined together for ‘Let It All Go’ which will be included on Rhodes debut album release ‘Wishes’. Written and produced by Rhodes and Birdy with additional production by James Kenosha and Dan Grech and mixed by Dan Grech, ‘Let It All Go’ is a powerful union of the writers’ stunning vocals. Having been mutual fans of each other’s work, Rhodes and Birdy were introduced and quickly started writing together.
Both of their voices blend well in the song as Rhodes sounds quite fragile at times and vocally reminds me of Will Young whilst Birdy has hints of Katie Melua from a delivery standpoint. The song is memorable as it has radio-friendly piano as they both stand back to back in the video which is set in some incredibly colourful woods. I think this pairing is the 2015 equivalent of Nick Drake and Kylie Minogue’s ‘Where The Wild Roses Grow’ from the way the song has been developed and promoted.
Overall, it is an enjoyable record that the mainstream pop audience will purchase and radio will play. I would like to hear it performed live at some point though. The official music video is below:



"Let It All Go"
(with Birdy)

I've been sleepless at night
'Cause I don't know how I feel
I've been waiting on you
Just to say something real

There's a light on the road
And I think you know
Morning is coming
And I have to go

I don't know why, I don't know why
We need to break so hard
I don't know why we break so hard

But if we're strong enough
To let it in
We strong enough
To let it go

Let it all go, let it all go
Let it all out now

If I look back to the start now
I know, I see everything true
There's still a fire in me heart, my darling
But I'm not burning for you

We started it wrong
And I think you know
We waited too long
Now I have to go

I don't know why, I don't know why
We need to break so hard
I don't know why we break so hard

But if we're strong enough
To let it in
We strong enough
To let it go

Let it all go, let it all go
Let it all out now
Let it all go, let it all go
Let it all out now

Who says, who says?
Who says, who says?
Who says truth is beauty after all?
And who says love should break us when we fall?

But if we're strong enough
To let it in
We strong enough
To let it go

Let it all go, let it all go
Let it all out now
Let it all go, let it all go
Let it all out now

We're strong enough
To let it go

You Might Also Like

0 comentários

Online